Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Readjusting

When I woke up this morning, the rain was just pouring from the sky.  The weather has been a little odd for February in this area.  The temperatures have been in the 40's, and we have had no snow to speak of.

But, I heard on the news that it may snow tomorrow--2 to 5 inches!

So, we'll wait and see.  The weather is a lot like life.  Something is predicted, an event is planned upon, the future has been seen in the way that we want our lives to reflect.

Then, surprise!  Just as no snowflakes fall from the sky as predicted, our lives can take what we consider to be a wrong turn.

I experienced one of those events last year when my eyes failed me.  My life is totally different than I imagined at this time in my life.  

I spent a good portion of last year waiting........waiting for my vision to improve, waiting for someone to pick me up when I couldn't drive, waiting for doctor appointments, just waiting and waiting for something to change, something to happen.  

To be truthful, I became very tired of the waiting.  Nothing was changing, nothing was happening and I felt as though life had been put on hold for a time.  

More than making physical adjustments to my life, I had to make major attitude and outlook adjustments.

I'm not saying this was easy.  In fact, it was very difficult.  I've had to accept the fact that I am dependent upon others in some areas.  I find myself constantly saying, "I'm sorry" when I have to ask anyone to do anything for me.  And I'm constantly being told to stop saying this.  

I've had to learn to lean. 

I've had to learn to be still.

And I've discovered a beauty in the leaning and stillness.  Time for quiet, time for reflection, time for worship, time for gratitude for the small things.

All in all, what I considered to be a "wrong turn" had righted itself to a straight and narrow path. 

What about you?  Do you have any experiences where a "wrong turn" righted itself into the correct path for your life?

I'd love to hear about it!

See you tomorrow!

Beth 




 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment