Sunday, February 5, 2017

Happy Sunday!

Happy Sunday to All!

Just a short into about me---

I am 63 years old.  Some days I feel younger, some days I feel older.  I worked for a rather large health system for almost 25 years--almost made it through the 25th year until my eye problems no longer allowed me to use the computer for 8+ hours a day.  

I have three grown children--a son who is almost 36, and two daughters ages 34 and almost 32.

Then there are the two little girls--my granddaughters--ages 7 and 2.  

We celebrate birthdays together as a family.  Traditionally, the birthday boy or girl can choose whatever they would like for a main course.  That is usually made by one of my two daughters.  Sides are added, and we have a birthday party!

My oldest granddaughter, Lydia, and I are in charge of the cake.  We talk and decide what kind of cake is that person's favorite and try to make it special for them.

The picture below is one of our greatest efforts.  We made this last year for my youngest daughter who just happens to love owls.  


   
Sorry for the sideways view--I just couldn't get his picture to rotate!
 




I also knit her these fingerless owl gloves for her present:


My son's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks.  Lydia and I have been discussing his cake.  His favorite is chocolate with peanut butter frosting which we could do in a snap.

Then Lydia saw this cake:


Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

My son does love ice cream cake, so I think this will be what Lydia and I will be making for him this year.  This recipe is here if you think you'd like to try it!  And, if you do, please stop back and let me know how you like it!

Have a great Sunday, and I'll see you tomorrow!

Beth




 

No comments:

Post a Comment